We were at Grandma Melanie's home today playing. Having a fun old time when Caleb decided to walk around the brick fireplace and splat he went down hard. He caught his left eye right along the brow line smack dab on the brick. It sliced his eye wide open and bled all over him and me. Head wounds sure bleed a ton. I stayed calm because I knew my mom would be doing enough worrying for the both of us. Funny how that works. Anyway, I picked him up and wiped off the blood as best I could. We gathered up our belongings and my mom, Caleb and I headed over to Tiana's just to get another opinion on if the gash was deep enough to need stitches. As soon as Colton and Tiana checked it out they knew right away it was. So, we headed off to the pediatricians office. My mom sat in back with Caleb and made sure the blood didn't go in his beautiful blue eyes.
First of all, let me just say I love my pediatrician's office and I love Caleb's doctor. We were able to get in right away thank goodness. My mom decided to come back to the room with us, but she wasn't sure she was going to be able to stay especially if Caleb needed stitched up. She doesn't like to see her grandkids hurting. The doctor checked him out and sure enough it was a deep cut. He asked that my mom and I hold him down while he cleans him up and puts the glue on. He also told us how important it was to hold him tight so that the glue doesn't get into his eye. We didn't want his eye glued shot. At that time a nurse walked by to see how he was doing and I asked her if she could help hold Caleb instead of my mom. My mom was looking like she was going to faint at anytime. It took about 1.5 minutes and Caleb was looking almost good as new.
Luckily the cut is in his brow line so it should heal beautifully with little to no scarring. Plus the Doctor said the glue is best used on the face because it tends to heal cleaner.
Caleb was such a trooper and he truly is an amazing little boy. He is 8 1/2 months old and already has his first gash. I'm in trouble.
Just a side note. My dad is putting up rubber railings or something around the brick this weekend, so this kind of incident won't happen again.
This was taken at the Doctors before he was glued back together again.
Another before picture! Mommy was loving on him.
Caleb after being cleaned up and glued back together again. I love this picture because it shows what a tough little boy I have and also because you can see his ONE tooth.



1 comment:
OH NO!!!! I cannot believe that he got such a bad cut on his head... more importantly HOW DID YOU STAY SO CALM? I would have been freaking out! Props to you for staying calm! He is such a cutie!
Post a Comment