Caleb

Caleb

Friday, January 29, 2010

Happy NINE Months..



23 lbs - 75th to 90th percentile
29 1/2 inches tall - 75th to 90th percentile
18 1/2  head circumference - 90th percentile


Caleb had his 9 month check-up today with Dr. Leiferman.  He is a beautiful and healthy baby boy.  During his check-up our pediatrician informed me that Caleb was a VERY LOUD little boy.  Caleb does not enjoy having the Doctor poke and prod him in anyway.  So of course he makes that very known by THROWING A FIT.   Dr. Leiferman told me that he examines children all day long and Caleb is one of the LOUDEST SCREAMERS he has come in contact with.  I knew Caleb was LOUD, but I didn't realize until now that he was in a LEAGUE OF HIS OWN.  Luckily he is a very happy baby and we don't get to experience many of these episodes during the day.  I love my little man.  Daddy and I are so proud.


Caleb and I have been attending a mommy and baby group at our local library on Thursday mornings.  I'm having a blast watching him socialize with other little kids.  He loves to watch other babies and he also loves taking their toys and touching their faces.  We sing songs, read  books and we play games during our play group.  He doesn't want to just sit on mommy's lap, so it takes some creativity to keep him close by.  He usually just sucks on a rattle that they have or crawl around and check out everyone else.  I love this one on one time we have to play and sing songs.  It's nice getting out of the house and making new friends for me and Caleb.  Caleb loves BUBBLES. They have this amazing bubble maker that fills the room with tons of bubbles.  Lots of fun.


Tooth #2 made its grand appearance on January 19th.  It's his bottom left.  It looks like his top two teeth will be coming in shortly, but they haven't cut through quite yet.


Caleb walks along all of our furniture and he pushes toys, chairs, boxes and anything else he can move around the living room and kitchen area.   He is crawling up our stairs, so we have a gate that we keep up all day long.  As soon as it comes down it's the first place he darts off to. 


Caleb clears a table faster than anyone I know.  I'm not talking about eating either.  He throws everything off a table onto the floor.  It's actually pretty funny to watch. 


He loves to give himself kisses in the mirror and he also gives mommy lots of kisses.  He is very stingy with his kisses so he doesn't kiss anyone else, but mommy.  Yes this makes me feel like the most special person in the world.  

No comments: