Caleb

Caleb

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Potty Training

I've been planning on potty training Caleb now for about two months and finally decided this was the week.  He had been showing signs of readiness since he turned two a few months ago.  He has been telling me when he goes pee and poop in his diaper.  Caleb has always hated getting his diaper changed.  He usually would cry or throw some kind of tantrum when changing him.  Especially if someone other than me changed him.
So anyway, I went out and bought 20 or so pairs of underwear, an extra pair of sheets, a mattress pad, disposable butt wipes, a little boy potty chair, stickers, poster board and a few awesome toys.  I was planning on starting the process this past Friday because we had plans Thursday and Friday morning.  So Tuesday night I washed all his underwear and when I put them away he took his diaper off and put a new pair of undies on.  An hour later he told me he needed to go potty and went pee in the toilet for the first time ever.  He went about 10 times that night all in the toilet.  He was so excited.  We gave him a sticker every time he went.  The next morning around 10am he pooped in his underwear then immediately told me, so I took him to the bathroom and we flushed his poop in the toilet and said, "bye bye poopy."  Around 3 o'clock the same day he went into the bathroom without telling me and pooped for the first time.  The little boy I watch told me Caleb was trying to poop.  He has been a champ ever since.  The first three days he liked using the little potty, but after that he just started using the big potty.  He doesn't even like to use the smaller seat on the big toilet anymore.  It makes it especially nice when we are out and about.
That was now three weeks ago and I'm proud to say my now big boy has been potty trained completely.  He has only had 3 accidents in the last 3 weeks and has now potty trained himself at night too.  I'm such a proud mommy.  The last three nights he has taken off his own diaper at night and has gone to the bathroom.
I thought this potty training business was supposed to be hard.
My little man is 26 months and 100% potty trained.  He now enjoys going potty every place we go.  He loves to put a long piece of toilet paper half way in the toilet and flush.  He watches it swirl around until it's gone.  He is funny like that.
I'm super blessed and super proud of my little man.  Mommy loves you Caleb.



1 comment:

Mandy said...

Way to go, Caleb! (And you too, Momma!)