Caleb

Caleb

Saturday, March 12, 2011

My favorite subject!

I can't believe my baby is going to be two in less than two months.  It's amazing how much he has changed in such a short amount of time.  He is such a talker.  He puts 2, 3 and even 4 words together all the time now.  He can pretty much tell me what he wants and what he doesn't want.

FACTS about Caleb:


  • He sleeps with Thomas or James every night.  Not a plush soft train.  The hard wood trains.  
  • My baby boy was skin tested for allergies a few weeks back.  He is allergic to and not limited to PEANUTS, DOGS, CATS, MOLDS, SOME TREES, SOME GRASSES, EGGS and the list goes on.  His poor little back was covered in huge red pumps.  Now I know why his noes runs like a water fountain. 
  • He loves to make the sounds of the alphabet.  B, C and F are his favorite.
  • He gets his tools or daddy's real tools and fixes stuff around the garage and house.  He loves fixing his bike and daddy's car.
  • He knows and can make all the animal sounds.  I love to hear his Rooster.  
  • He rides his two wheel balance bike around the neighborhood like no ones business.  He goes down the steepest hills he can find at the golf course by our home.  I had to start making him wear his helmet because he is such a daredevil.  When he falls he just gets right back up and keeps going.
  • He started to sing recently.  His favorite song to sing is Dinosaur Train.  He makes his voice really deep when he sings it.  So funny.
  • Favorite movies or shows: Ponyo, Dinosaur Train, Word World, Shaun the Sheep, Babies, Walking with Dinosaurs & Finding Nemo.
  • He is a big boy now and doesn't cry when mommy has to go bye bye.  This is so nice not having to leave a crying baby.  
  • Caleb loves to jump, ride his bike, go on walks(3 to 4 a day), fix things, play with his wooden train set, stack blocks, read books, play with flashlights and go to G&G's to hang out.  
  • I've never met a kid who likes to snack as much as Caleb does.  He loves licorice, popsicles, pickles, green olives, picking oranges then eating them, suckers(dum dums), anything chocolate, dried cherries, pears, apples, strawberries, grapes, cheese, yogurt or chocolate covered pretzels & jerky.
  • He weighs 29.5 lbs and is about 35 inches tall.  He wears a size 7 shoe and 2T everything.  He loves to pick out his own clothes. I give him two choices and he chooses what he wants to wear. 
  • He goes to bed at 8pm and wakes up at 6:15am.  Then he goes down for 1 nap at 12pm for about 2 hours. 
  • A few of his favorite things to say: Fix it, no mine, vitamin please, brush teeth, timber bite, no this way, watch this, snack please, mommy's room(he says this when he wants to sleep in my room), daddy fix it, Thomas track or James track, night night Zachary(the little boy I watch), mommy outside, & seriously bama(grandma).   
.
Rob and I are so blessed to call him our own.  He is has brought love and joy into our home.  I love being his mommy.

3 comments:

Greg and Tammy said...

He is ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE!! Cute post.

Shi and Family said...

I love these posts... We need to get together!!! Next week zoo trip?

Mandy said...

Poor little guy! All those allergies. Sounds like my nephew. Except when he was born, he was allergic to not only peanuts and eggs, but milk, wheat, and soy. My sister had a crazy diet while she nursed him.

I can't believe how big he's getting!